What does an Amazing New York Scavenger Hunt experience give me?
- A fun day
- Fun knowledge about hidden parts of the city
- New Friends
- Mental and physical challenges
- A memorable adventure with photos
- A story to tell
What should I wear?
- Dress for the elements
- Be prepared for a day of running and/or walking
- Dress comfortable – Most teams wear running shoes
- Team Spirit is encouraged
I’m in – what does it cost?
Where do we meet?
- Check the specifics of each race
Can I participate with a group?
- Absolutely. Teams can be anywhere from 2 – 4 members. You can have larger groups but you have to be aware that there are only 4 prizes for the winning team. If you are ok with that, then we are ok with a bigger team.
Can I participate as an individual?
- Yes! You can sign up as an individual but you can not participate as an individual. We will pair you up with a team to make a group after registration closes.
Do I have to be 21 years old?
- Most of our hunts are open to anyone! We do usually start and end at a bar but the bar serves food so people under 21 are allowed inside. The only time this does not apply is if we are doing a bar crawl type of event like our St. Patty’s Day Hunt and Mardi Gras hunt.
What should I bring?
- A fun attitude
- A Smart Phone (either Android or I-Phone) FULLY CHARGED!
- Street Map
Things you could bring
I’m out of shape. Can I do this?
- Of course! Go at your own pace – however if you finish first, you win a prize!
Do I have to know my city like a tour guide?
- No. Think on your feet and you will have a shot to win.
What’s the course? Where do we go?
- There’s no set course. Find your own way. It’s a ‘choose your own adventure’ race. You will end up all around the city.
Will I have to eat things?
- Not as part of the race (unless, of course, it is a food one!). But, we always end at a place where you can buy food if you are hungry at the end.
How long is the hunt?
- Public hunts are about 3 hours long. Private hunts can be customized.
What if I can’t find something?
- Don’t give up! Keep looking, ask for help, go to bookstores or internet cafes. For a time penalty, you can even call us!
Can my cousin / co-worker / grandma be on my team?
- Anyone can be on your team.
Can I give The Amazing New York Scavenger Hunt as a gift?
- Yes! We have Amazing New York Scavenger Hunt gift certificates available for purchase! Go to our gifts & merchandise page to purchase
What if it rains?
- You won’t melt, we promise! The race still goes on. Races can actually be MORE fun in the rain!
I love this idea. Can I do this for my Birthday or Bachelor/Bachelorette Party?
- Absolutely. Contact us for a personalized proposal. The race will be all about YOU!
Who thought of this?